It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:41 am Advanced search

This rumour isnt going away.

Unofficial message board for all things QPR - Queens Park Rangers FC.

This rumour isnt going away.

Postby singlespeed » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:40 pm

QPR boss Neil Warnock considering move for shamed striker Marlon King By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 9:05 PM on 8th August 2010

Neil Warnock is ready to hand disgraced Marlon King a route back into football at QPR.
King is looking for a club after being serving nine months in prison for assaulting a woman in a nightclub.
QPR boss Warnock admits he would consider a move for the former Watford, Hull and Wigan striker, saying: 'We haven't got a 20-goal-a-season man and you do need one.
'He has served his time and we live in a country that we say when they have served their time give them another opportunity.
'He is a good player and I think he will score goals.'
King was given an 18-month sentence last October after being convicted of assault and GBH following a brutal attack on student Emily Carr, which left the pretty blonde with a broken nose.
Warnock added: 'I am not condoning what he has done but I look at some of the other cases of players who have got into trouble in the past.
'People have killed people and they never got the stick this lad has got. Whoever takes him he will want to prove himself.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0w3LTxQ2k
singlespeed
Wonderful Wegerle

Re: This rumour isnt going away.

Postby Martin63 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Apparently he trained for 3 days at Harlington last week........

Not a wise move at all.
Martin63
tea boy

Postby singlespeed » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Don't get me wrong,king would do well at this level,but it's only because he's cheap that warnocks interested,yes warnock could tame him, yes everyone deserves a 2nd chance,but How low are we going,this won't go down well with the qpr faithful at all.
singlespeed
Wonderful Wegerle

Postby ak47 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:58 am

oh yet another drama at loftus rd!!hope this dont ruin a good start to the season!! if it happens.

"and trevor francis tracksuits from a mush in shepherds bush,bush,bush,bush...."
ak47
Boot Boy

Postby pamment8 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:28 am

as sure as day follows night this will cause uproar locally and many of you dont want this so go and e mail ceo i printed addy on here under no king.
pamment8
Fabulous Fernandes 5000!

Postby Tonto » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:54 am

if, like me,you find this potential signing disgusting, e-mail the club NOW

feedback@qpr.co.uk
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
Tonto
Wonderful Wegerle

Postby photok » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:27 am

With other players who have been released from prison they've just got on with it and tried to keep their head down.

King is wanting to prove his innocence which is going to drag the whole thing out even more.
photok
Youth squad player

Postby e17hoop » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:45 am

Tonto wrote:if, like me,you find this potential signing disgusting, e-mail the club NOW

feedback@qpr.co.uk

Did it on Saturday and urge everyone else who thinks it wrong to do the same.
Father of a footballing prodigy...AND a guitar prodigy.
e17hoop

Postby singlespeed » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:57 am

Its on sky sports,bbc,espn,eurosport.

its gonna happen lads.

but then again coventry are interested,where is king based.hopefully not london.
singlespeed
Wonderful Wegerle

Postby Tarx » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:10 am

He's not really 20+ striker, has an interesting up/down season.

Well, if he comes, hopfully he scores bucketloads...
"But you know, and I know, that you are only, half the man that I am! And that I have, half the brains, that you do!!! Week after week, you try to make me look like a jack-ass" Sid Vicious - WCW Nitro 2000
Tarx
Devon White

Postby e17hoop » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:03 am

singlespeed wrote:Its on sky sports,bbc,espn,eurosport.

its gonna happen lads.

but then again coventry are interested,where is king based.hopefully not london.

They're all re-publishing the same NW quotes from the other day. Keep the pressure on.
Father of a footballing prodigy...AND a guitar prodigy.
e17hoop

Postby Cavey77 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm all for second chances, but this is about his 15th chance? And this wasn't a scuffle in a club, this was a violent sexual attack on a young women.

I'd rather we sank into the non-league than sign this kind of player.

Incidently, I saw Clinton Morrison play on Saturday. He was a class above everyone else on that pitch. Shame.
Cavey77
Boo boy

Postby HarpHoops » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Forgive And Forget
Neil Warnock is one from the 'forgive and forget' school, clearly.

After signing Paddy Kenny - he of last season's drug ban - earlier this summer, the QPR boss has now expressed his interest in Marlon King, recently released from The Big House after being convicted of sexual assault.

"He has served his time and we live in a country that we say when they have finished their time, give them another opportunity," said Warnock.

Trouble is, society has already given King one or two chances, given that he's the proud owner of 13 previous convictions.

Warnock continued: "People have killed people and they never got the stick this lad has got."

Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick may disagree there.

"We haven't got a 20-goal-a-season man and you do need one," continued Warnock.

In a career that has spanned 12 seasons, King has reached 20 league goals twice. Indeed, he's only reached double figures in four seasons. Plenty of justification there.

Football 365
"You see, drinking is a matter of algebraic ratio. How drunk you get is caused by the amount of alcohol you consume in relation to your total body weight. You see my point? It's not that you had too much to drink. You're just too skinny."
HarpHoops
Warnock Whipper

Location: "There never was a good war, or a bad peace." Benjamin Franklin

Postby Midlands-hoop » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:36 pm

The trouble is, in King's case, it is not a case of "forgive and forget".

Someone - e17 I think - rightly pointed out his string of previous offences - six, I think.

So, really it's "Forgive, forgive, forgive, forgive, forgive, forgive, and ahhh FINALLY forget".

Surely we can do better than a perpetual offender who was average when he last played and who hasn't graced a football pitch for nine months? :roll:

Midlands
Da da, da da da da, da da da da, Hoops !
Midlands-hoop
Galloping Gallen

Location: I'm not going to quit and am not going to run away from problems. We will get there. TF 26/2/12

Postby singlespeed » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Why are we wasting our time with king,there are better options,jason scotland is available from wigan,jason roberts from blackburn,chopra wants out of cardiff.
singlespeed
Wonderful Wegerle

Next

Return to R's Chat