It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:38 am Advanced search

QPR V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-2 FT

Unofficial message board for all things QPR - Queens Park Rangers FC.

Re: QPR V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 0-0

Postby kingfisher » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:51 pm

thompsonridd wrote:Shocking team selection yet again. We are NOT safe yet. Scored most goals with Smith and Washington up front and both on bench!!! If we get relegated from here Ollie will wipe out any good he's ever done. Not a happy fan today

I would have at least played Washington instead of Petrasso, purely because he is on form, but I also think Smith is a better bet than Sylla in the Championship...
Hoops are coming home, coming home!
kingfisher
Dennis Bailey

Postby SydneyR » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:52 pm

images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg (23.34 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Half a world away
SydneyR
Steve Slade

Postby kingfisher » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Radio commentary indicates that the line-up is:
Smithies
Perch Lynch Bidwell
Petrasso ........... Robinson
Manning .. Luongo
... ....Freeman
....Mackie .... Sylla

12 mins: ⚽️ Goal. Adam Reach puts the visitors ahead as a cross is whipped into the box and bounces fortunately for Reach as the R's try to clear and he lashes home from 12-yards. [0-1]
..then against the run of play
21 mins: ⚽️ GOOOOAAAAAALLLL! Rangers level as they drive up field and Mackie bursts into the area, goes down under challenge, but the ball rolls to Sylla who finishes from a tight angle as the Wednesday players appeal. Referee Andy Davies takes a look at the linesman before awarding the goal! [1-1]
..normal service resumes..
31 mins: ⚽️ Goal. Sheffield Wednesday are back ahead after Smithies makes a brilliant save from a first header before the R's failed to pick up Pudil on the rebound who heads into the top corner from six-yards. [1-2]

and with at least 3 different LBs and a better 2nd half performance- that's it! [1-2]
kingfisher
Dennis Bailey

Re: QPR V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-2 FT

Postby pamment8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Well what can we say .
Another home defeat and wrong selection.
And still not safe can't even beat last year's points tally.
pamment8
Champion of Europe

Postby singlespeed » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Don't want Holloway next season
I repeat don't want Holloway next season
We're too inconsistent and his team selections baffle me
He's gambling picking these dodgy line ups as we could go down still
Even if we are safe ending the season with 8 straight defeats is not good enough and doesn't bode well for next season
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Postby singlespeed » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Bought Holloway a new book
Attachments
IMG_6293.JPG
IMG_6293.JPG (52.09 KiB) Viewed 135 times
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Postby northwesthoop » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 am

Although I agree that as it stands Holloway is looking a bit foolish I just don't think we have a great team.

You need a Taarabt or a Knockeart to take you up. We have no star.

If I took over I'd only really want to keep Smithies, Hall and possibly Furlong. The rest are just 'ok' players.
I've Got Blue And White Hooped Blood
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Postby Ghost » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:33 am

Pretty much agree with you NW. You either need a mean defence or a reliable goal-scorer or preferably both. We have neither - our defence gives away too many avoidable goals and we don't take enough of the chances we create. How many times have we said that we deserved a draw but we didn't take our chances?
Ghost
Dennis Bailey

Postby singlespeed » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Holloway had a chance to get a couple of game changing players in the transfer window
yes we have no money now but there must of been a kid or two at a premier club or lower division we could of got
I agree we have a average team but we have enough not to lose so many games in a row like we often do
we will just remain a mid table championship side for years to come now and that's if we don't get relegated
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Postby kingfisher » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:05 pm

If you accept that this is a transition season for QPR, which it is, then the real discussion should be over where the club are in terms of that transition. It seems to me that, as NWHoop has stated, we do not have enough quality at present that is being developed from youth players or available from older professionals. If we lose Smithies in the transfer window then we will be even more reliant upon what is still (at best) an OK defence for the Championship. Up front we do not have a striker that you would instantly say is class and good enough for the PL. Conor Washington could become that player yet, but I have my doubts; and Sylla is certainly not capable of netting 25+ goals next season. So, we are far behind the curve in terms of where QPR's squad should be by now. Ollie has made positive additions (Smith as a short-term solution and Freeman), but not enough for me. We should have a nucleus of a team that can take us into the Top 10 at least next season. I just do not see it.
kingfisher
Dennis Bailey

Postby singlespeed » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:26 pm

We got a manager who's last job was this
so what did our board and the fans expect

Holloway most recently managed Millwall however his time at The New Den saw him struggle to turn The Lions’ poor form around and he left the club after winning just 14 of 62 matches in charge (22.58% win rate)
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Previous

Return to R's Chat