It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:27 pm Advanced search

BRISTOL CITY V QPR 2-1 FT

Unofficial message board for all things QPR - Queens Park Rangers FC.

Re: BRISTOL CITY V QPR 2-0

Postby singlespeed » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Back in relegation trouble now
Blackburn won away at forest were only 7 points of bottom 3
We're on a poor run and it looks like it's getting no better
This proves Holloway is not the manager for us and we can still go down
Goals dried up again,can't defend and 4 losses in a row is beyond a joke
If Blackburn win again on Monday after we've lost to Wednesday then it could be very tight at the bottom
All those that said we are safe we're are not
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Re: BRISTOL CITY V QPR 2-1 FT

Postby Dave Thomas' socks » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Just back from the game.

It's always important not to read too much into one result. So I won't, but that was pretty dire.

Defensively, the shape and understanding was bad. Some decent individual tackles and blocks compensated for a lack of structure.

Going forward wasn't much better. Lots of lumping it up to Smith. Very little invention or intelligence. When we did try anything more subtle, our front players were rarely on the same wavelength. A few little moves broke down when our players didn't read each other. We seemed to lack confidence that we could pull anything off.

We didn't lack spirit, but we were sorely short of ideas. In fact, I thought we could play all day and not score. So Jnr and I left with a minute to go, and missed the goal!

2-1 might sound like a narrow loss, but it doesn't disguise how toothless we were.

Quite worrying...
Macca: Legend
Dave Thomas' socks
Warnock Whipper

Postby pamment8 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 pm

DAVE sums it up DIRE.
pamment8
Champion of Europe

Postby singlespeed » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:17 pm

If it means going down to get rid of Holloway then so be it
Why has the team suddenly fallen apart,is it Holloways tactics or are we complacent assuming we are now safe
We have a tricky game on Monday then a very tough away game at high scorers Brentford,i didn't want to worry
On the last game that we could get relegated we have to win a game and fast,if Blackburn win their next winnable game
We could be only 5 points clear with 2 games to go even less if other bottom teams start winning like Blackburn
In a way we deserve all we get choosing Holloway seems to have now backfired
Unless between now and end of season trump hasn't started world war 3 we are looking at league one football if we don't pull our socks up
That Blackburn win at forest has really hurt us,I'm looking at other results now and can't believe we are depending on other results to save us from the drop
Holloway said it was our worst performance since he's been here and we need another win,we had a winning formula and
Ollie has tinkered,it it ain't broken don't fix it
I've just got a bad feeling being stuck on 50 points is not going to be enough this season
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Postby kingfisher » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Before we put too much blame on the defence I think we should look at the line-up. Against a high-scoring Bristol City side we put Matt Smith up there by himself, with two wingers (Ngbakoto & Wzsloek) obviously tasked to work the flanks and provide the crosses. It did not work, and the same applied when Ollie changed to put Ngbakoto up front with Smith. Yemi may be many things but a Conor Washington equivalent (or better) he is not as a CF! You have to put the blame squarely at the fact that the forwards selected are inadequate when it comes to scoring. If you want to beat Bristol City you have to ensure you score more goals than them and our start-up eleven was not capable of doing that, in my opinion. If this game was intended for Ollie to confirm anything then fine - otherwise it was a poor team effort when a losing streak demanded a win!

Questions from the video:
1. When Ngbakoto failed to defend and failed to position himself to aid attacking play, why was Furlong taken off instead for Washington? (LoftForWords actually has Furlong as our MotM even though only on for 45 mins!)
2. What has happened to our effective 'hunting in pairs' to get back the ball?
3. Why did Luongo not react and at least try to block the first goal scorer, and the same applies (more) to Lynch for the second goal?
4. Why do we seem to play better with Hall as CM? Freeman worked hard in that role but that meant he was absent further upfield...
Hoops are coming home, coming home!
kingfisher
Dennis Bailey

Postby Dave Thomas' socks » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Kingfisher,

1. When Ngbakoto failed to defend and failed to position himself to aid attacking play, why was Furlong taken off instead for Washington? (LoftForWords actually has Furlong as our MotM even though only on for 45 mins!)

Yeni had a pretty poor game and I agree that Furlong was unlucky to get hooked. I suspect we decided to adopt a more attacking line-up to drag ourselves back into the game.

2. What has happened to our effective 'hunting in pairs' to get back the ball?

I thought the same thing during the game. We seemed to have completely abandoned it!

3. Why did Luongo not react and at least try to block the first goal scorer, and the same applies (more) to Lynch for the second goal?

I chalked the first goal to 'just one of those things' - when the ball just drops to the wrong bloke in the wrong place. In retrospect, we did leave ourselves open to a player in the centre on the edge of the box. It wasn't the only time it happened in the game tbh. I think Lynch tried to play offside for the second goal. It was quite scary how easily we were cut apart.

4. Why do we seem to play better with Hall as CM? Freeman worked hard in that role but that meant he was absent further upfield...

Hall distribution is better than Lynch or Nedum's. It gives us something to work from. Freeman looks much more effective as an attacking force. Without Hall it was a constant pattern of long balls to Smith. Our midfield was bypassed far too often.
Macca: Legend
Dave Thomas' socks
Warnock Whipper

Postby singlespeed » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Question is why are we suddenly all over the place again
We were playing well and scoring goals,we've gone back to square one again
It's a bit of coincidence once we got 50 points we've gone on a losing streak
I hope it's not down to us taking our foot of the gas,there's no urgency,no inventive play
We are in real danger of going down if Blackburn win another two games,it's a case of if we lose they have to lose
It's pathetic really that we're biting our nails with 4 games to go,Holloway needs to tell the team we must win a game
We won't beat Sheffield Wednesday or Brentford on current form and performances,so it could be a very nervous last day
If we do get relegated then Holloway needs to go to the job centre,get someone in like mark warburton and rebuild totally
I told you guys a few games back we wasn't safe and most of you thought we were and it's probably thinking we wouldn't
Go on a losing streak again after our little run of form,a team hasn't gone down on 50 points in a long time,but this season could be the one
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Postby kingfisher » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Dave Thomas' socks wrote:Kingfisher,

1. When Ngbakoto failed to defend and failed to position himself to aid attacking play, why was Furlong taken off instead for Washington? (LoftForWords actually has Furlong as our MotM even though only on for 45 mins!) Yeni had a pretty poor game and I agree that Furlong was unlucky to get hooked. I suspect we decided to adopt a more attacking line-up to drag ourselves back into the game.

2. What has happened to our effective 'hunting in pairs' to get back the ball? I thought the same thing during the game. We seemed to have completely abandoned it!

3. Why did Luongo not react and at least try to block the first goal scorer, and the same applies (more) to Lynch for the second goal? I chalked the first goal to 'just one of those things' - when the ball just drops to the wrong bloke in the wrong place. In retrospect, we did leave ourselves open to a player in the centre on the edge of the box. It wasn't the only time it happened in the game tbh. I think Lynch tried to play offside for the second goal. It was quite scary how easily we were cut apart.

4. Why do we seem to play better with Hall as CM? Freeman worked hard in that role but that meant he was absent further upfield... Hall distribution is better than Lynch or Nedum's. It gives us something to work from. Freeman looks much more effective as an attacking force. Without Hall it was a constant pattern of long balls to Smith. Our midfield was bypassed far too often.

Good responses Dave! Can only hope that Conor Washington partners Smith up front, Freeman moves up as Hall slots into the middle, and the team starts being more hungry for the ball (and goals)! :wink
Hoops are coming home, coming home!
kingfisher
Dennis Bailey

Previous

Return to R's Chat