It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:56 pm Advanced search

AUTOMATIC PROMOTION.....

Unofficial message board for all things QPR - Queens Park Rangers FC.

AUTOMATIC PROMOTION.....

Postby thompsonridd » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:44 pm

.....Brighton's win last night means we are only looking at the plays offs now!!!! :tu
Ian

"Come on you sooppa.....hooppsaaaaa"
thompsonridd
Tony Scully

Re: AUTOMATIC PROMOTION.....

Postby surrey chad » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:53 am

thompsonridd wrote:.....Brighton's win last night means we are only looking at the plays offs now!!!! :tu

Sack the board, sack Olly, ! :-D
Supporting QPR is for life not just for Play Off finals
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Postby Rick » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:09 pm

I really hope and expect that next season this will not be the case
Rick
Leroy Griffiths

Postby surrey chad » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:47 pm

Rick wrote:I really hope and expect that next season this will not be the case

That we don't get promoted or we don't sack Olly?
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Postby northwesthoop » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:11 pm

Automatic promotion next season will be tough again. Everybody now thinks it is their right to go up, we have pretty much all been in the Premier League and think we deserve to go back.

Villa won't be wanting to fail 2 times in a row, somebody out of Leeds/Huddersfield will be staying down plus you have 3 incredibly well funded teams coming down.
I've Got Blue And White Hooped Blood
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Postby Rick » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Ha,'That we don't get promoted or we don't sack Olly?'
I wasnt clear. I hope our season is not over and that we are pushing for a playoff spot or have one and Olly is still our manager
Rick
Leroy Griffiths

Postby surrey chad » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:23 pm

northwesthoop wrote:Automatic promotion next season will be tough again. Everybody now thinks it is their right to go up, we have pretty much all been in the Premier League and think we deserve to go back.

Villa won't be wanting to fail 2 times in a row, somebody out of Leeds/Huddersfield will be staying down plus you have 3 incredibly well funded teams coming down.

Its going to get harder to get promoted the longer we stay in this league and I think we are in real danger of having a two tier league just like the Prem.

Those coming down this season will have far greater funds than any team ever before so they will try to buy themselves out of the league. We will end up with whoever comes down dominating as they have the funds to keep Prem quality players, and they will at the top with the other teams who just missed out the previous year but still getting parachute payments giving them a run for their money.

Its going to get harder and harder to get to the Prem and when you do staying there will be stupidly difficult. Is there an option for us to win play off final but give the Prem a miss?
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Postby Rick » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Totally agree with the above but
At least one relegated side struggle, sometimes two. Brighton have shown how to do it, and Derby have shown how not to do it.Having said that, I would like us to be like Huddersfield next season, give it a real go with exciting football.
Rick
Leroy Griffiths

Postby northwesthoop » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Rick wrote:Totally agree with the above but
At least one relegated side struggle, sometimes two. Brighton have shown how to do it, and Derby have shown how not to do it.Having said that, I would like us to be like Huddersfield next season, give it a real go with exciting football.

I hope we can be the Huddersfield of next season too!

I agree that Sunderland will probably be the Villa of next season - spending big but just making a mess of things, no doubt changing the manager after a rocky start.

But whoever else comes down will be strong. Middlesbrough have a lot of the squad they went up with, then anybody from Hull, Palace and Swansea will be fully expected to go straight back up.
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Postby Rick » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:09 pm

I agree, realistically if everything goes brilliantly well the play offs are the best we can hope for.
Rick
Leroy Griffiths

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:22 pm

A challenge for the play-offs would be great but I don't mind if we fall short. We've made real progress and the next step will be to have more of a focus on making the play-offs than avoiding relegation. We've shown that we can live with the top teams (Newcastle, Reading & Leeds away) so now we need to add some consistency.
Ghost
Dennis Bailey

Postby northwesthoop » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:55 pm

That is a really good point Ghost about challenging with the top teams. We deserved to win all 3 of the matches you listed.

We struggle most against the Rotherhams and Blackburns of the league!

If Holloway can keep this theme of pride and "die for the shirt" going into next season we should definitely be top 10. He'll no doubt add bodies in the summer and it is whether they fit in and play to the same ethic as well as Smith and Freeman etc have.
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Postby surrey chad » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:04 pm

northwesthoop wrote:That is a really good point Ghost about challenging with the top teams. We deserved to win all 3 of the matches you listed.

We struggle most against the Rotherhams and Blackburns of the league!

If Holloway can keep this theme of pride and "die for the shirt" going into next season we should definitely be top 10. He'll no doubt add bodies in the summer and it is whether they fit in and play to the same ethic as well as Smith and Freeman etc have.

The transfers this summer will be critical,, we don't want to upset the current team moral and work ethic but at the same time we do need to strengthen., but not by much.
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Postby kingfisher » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:28 am

surrey chad wrote:The transfers this summer will be critical,, we don't want to upset the current team moral and work ethic but at the same time we do need to strengthen., but not by much.

Do agree that only a bit of tinkering is required now that Ollie seems to have most of them playing successfully the way he wants. I think what we have to watch out for is (as has become the norm) clearing out some, whilst protecting those we fear will be poached.

Back to the original theme of this post: Well done to Newcastle in refusing to accept they could remain down, and to Brighton for a meteoric rise from playing only a few seasons ago on a borrowed ground! Wish them both success in the PL next season. Finally, based upon teams we have played this season, I hope Huddersfield joins them from the Play-Offs. Their passing and movement was an example to all.
Hoops are coming home, coming home!
kingfisher
Leroy Griffiths

Postby northwesthoop » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:49 am

kingfisher wrote:Finally, based upon teams we have played this season, I hope Huddersfield joins them from the Play-Offs. Their passing and movement was an example to all.

I hope Huddersfield go up too but from a "QPR next seadon" perspective it would be better then staying down as they are unlikely to be as good again as the manager is wanted in Europe and people will be snatching their better players in the summer. Plus I like going to Huddersfield!
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Next

Return to R's Chat