It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:02 pm Advanced search

QPR v Barnsley: MotM?

Unofficial message board for all things QPR - Queens Park Rangers FC.

QPR v Barnsley: MotM?

Postby kingfisher » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:22 pm

So you were there or, hopefully, by now have managed to see the full game on video; but who would you go for as Man of the Match? Ollie was full of praise for the whole team but singled out Grant Hall as his MotM. For me I would have to choose from 3 players, none of which is Hall:

Luke Freeman: A real handful going forward and great in defence. Lots of energy shown and positioned himself well for return balls.

Mattismo Luongo: One of his good terrier performances. He never allowed them to settle in midfield, winning tackles and always looking to upset their play. He was even positioning himself on the edge of the box to take shots at the goal. Only negative was a silly foul.

Jake Bidwell: His effort down the left hand side is often overlooked it seems to me. He carried on as he did on Saturday - winning tackles and headers whilst defending and making great runs down the wing to offer a second option for QPR (although far too often ignored). To cap this outfield effort he somehow produced the greatest goal-line clearance ever!

For me it was close between Bidwell and Freeman but the latter just about gets the nod. what about you? (btw it was nice for once not to include Smithies in the list! :wink )
Hoops are coming home, coming home!
kingfisher
Leroy Griffiths

Re: QPR v Barnsley: MotM?

Postby surrey chad » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:28 pm

kingfisher wrote:So you were there or, hopefully, by now have managed to see the full game on video; but who would you go for as Man of the Match? Ollie was full of praise for the whole team but singled out Grant Hall as his MotM. For me I would have to choose from 3 players, none of which is Hall:

Luke Freeman: A real handful going forward and great in defence. Lots of energy shown and positioned himself well for return balls.

Mattismo Luongo: One of his good terrier performances. He never allowed them to settle in midfield, winning tackles and always looking to upset their play. He was even positioning himself on the edge of the box to take shots at the goal. Only negative was a silly foul.

Jake Bidwell: His effort down the left hand side is often overlooked it seems to me. He carried on as he did on Saturday - winning tackles and headers whilst defending and making great runs down the wing to offer a second option for QPR (although far too often ignored). To cap this outfield effort he somehow produced the greatest goal-line clearance ever!

For me it was close between Bidwell and Freeman but the latter just about gets the nod. what about you? (btw it was nice for once not to include Smithies in the list! :wink )

I think pretty much all players on the pitch can have a shout of MOM, Sylla and NgBakoto didn't stop running and got stuck in, their continued pressure up front led to both our goals. Manning was a menace all night, Hall was solid (and should be captain) but for me overall Bidwell takes it, he may not be as free flowing with the ball at his feet like Freeman but he is sold, dependable and never looked troubled. His runs down the left opened up space for the players with the ball to have options.
Supporting QPR is for life not just for Play Off finals
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Postby Rick » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Yesterday for me would be Sylla, but Freeman a close second. Hall would have been there apart from his mistake for their goal.
Rick
Leroy Griffiths

Postby jimjams » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:37 am

Thanks for this thread kingfisher...just the kind of analysis I like to read here
Father of Juno, QPRNET's Official 2015/16 Good Luck QPR mascot.

Who made it official? I did.
jimjams
Warnock Whipper

Postby pamment8 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:46 pm

YENI has been on fire last few games. :tu
pamment8
Champion of Europe

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:10 pm

He has. His free kicks are brilliant and he also works hard. I would like to see him take on the defenders a bit more
Rick
Leroy Griffiths

Postby kingfisher » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Rick wrote:He has. His free kicks are brilliant and he also works hard. I would like to see him take on the defenders a bit more

I also think Ngbakoto should be taking on more defenders. He certainly has the skills!
Hoops are coming home, coming home!
kingfisher
Leroy Griffiths

Return to R's Chat