It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:02 pm Advanced search

WOULD YOU OR NOT.

Unofficial message board for all things QPR - Queens Park Rangers FC.

WOULD YOU OR NOT.

Postby pamment8 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:03 am

Would you or not extend JAMIE MACKIES contract due to expire in the summer.
Bearing in mind his injuries and his age 31.
He was brought back when we were on the verge of selling AUSTIN.
I think he is worthy of another year .
We know he puts in a shift when he plays. :tu
pamment8
Champion of Europe

Re: WOULD YOU OR NOT.

Postby jimjams » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:58 am

Like Clint Hill we're going to need his attitude in the dressing room next season if nothing else!

And if we end up having a good season next year he's the kind of guy who could come off the bench and turn a loss into a draw or a draw into a win in a couple of games...those extra 4 points or so could be crucial
Father of Juno, QPRNET's Official 2015/16 Good Luck QPR mascot.

Who made it official? I did.
jimjams
Warnock Whipper

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:42 am

Deserves at least another season. He has come back fit and full of energy - amazingly. His return played a big part in our turnaround in form even if some good signings have cost him a place in the starting 11. I think he still has a big part to play.
Ghost
Dennis Bailey

Postby surrey chad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:31 pm

[quote="Ghost"]Deserves at least another season. He has come back fit and full of energy - amazingly. His return played a big part in our turnaround in form even if some good signings have cost him a place in the starting 11. I think he still has a big part to play.[/quote]

What Ghost said.
Supporting QPR is for life not just for Play Off finals
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Postby northwesthoop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Even if just to help instil the 'Holloway way' it is worth giving him another year. New signings will know what is expected.

To have him around the other players and in the dressing room with his infectious personality is invaluable in my eyes.
I've Got Blue And White Hooped Blood
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Postby Varc » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Nope!

I'd go looking for a younger less accident prone version now. I love him, but only when he's fit.
“You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”
Varc

Postby Rick » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:43 pm

Thats a very fickle love Varc. When hes not fit what do you think of him ?
Rick
Leroy Griffiths

Postby Varc » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:09 pm

I think he's great in the dressing room, and has probably lifted the team. But you cant afford to pay someone who is unlikely to play. I think the idea of having a really uplifting player in the dressing room is great, but clearly he's not one of Ollies first picks on a saturday or he wouldnt have got in Lua Lua and Freeman, so I'd say its time for goodbyes, because we cant afford it a luxury.
“You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”
Varc

Postby surrey chad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Varc wrote:I think he's great in the dressing room, and has probably lifted the team. But you cant afford to pay someone who is unlikely to play. I think the idea of having a really uplifting player in the dressing room is great, but clearly he's not one of Ollies first picks on a saturday or he wouldnt have got in Lua Lua and Freeman, so I'd say its time for goodbyes, because we cant afford it a luxury.

Reading an article on Loft for words I think some of the recent injuries are down to him rushing himself back or simply pushing to hard. If our medical team can get him to work / train within his body limits and can keep him available 90% of the time I would definitely have him for another year or more. Might not play all 90 mins but the impact he would have for the last 20 / 30 mins would be superb.
Supporting QPR is for life not just for Play Off finals
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Postby pamment8 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:10 pm

How dare people post negative remarks about the players on here. :tu
pamment8
Champion of Europe

Postby kingfisher » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:10 pm

pamment8 wrote:Would you or not extend JAMIE MACKIES contract due to expire in the summer....

Having him available as a sub, with his absolute love of the club and the energy he brings on the field - YES! :pray
Hoops are coming home, coming home!
kingfisher
Leroy Griffiths

Postby Melbourne_R » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:14 am

I say yes just for the pure affect he has those around him to play for the badge. I see where Varc is coming from but we need exactly this type of player playing for us
I left some of the old Plastic Pitch in the garden at my old address in High Wycombe, can someone go there and mail it to me?
Melbourne_R
Dennis Bailey

Return to R's Chat