It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:16 pm Advanced search

Thing I've noticed

Unofficial message board for all things QPR - Queens Park Rangers FC.

Re: Thing I've noticed

Postby pamment8 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:52 pm

The sad thing was that TONTO had the attitude of its my ball play by my rules or I off and taking the ball.
And sadly he could not understand why he was not agreed with.
Yes anyone leaving this forum is a loss.
But it's here for everyone to express views negative or otherwise. :tu
pamment8
Champion of Europe

Postby singlespeed » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:34 pm

I had a patch start of the season I didn't bother coming on much
the main reason was i felt Basingstoke r was patronsing me all the time and i generally didn't like his attitude towards me
it really got to the stage I wanted to meet up with him and sort it out face to face,not in a violent way by the way
I gave it a rest and then a member emailed me to say why wasn't i posting on here,and others were supportive
when i got diagnosed with epilepsy and members were great after my little brother died too
you wouldn't get that on any other forum,you guys even sponsored me for London 100 cycle ride
yes i do a lot of silly one liners and that's just the way i am,im not as bad as i used to be
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Postby Ghost » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Both Tonto and Basingstoke are big losses.
I didn't feel that Tonto had that attitude. On the other hand I do feel that sometimes people on here express their views very strongly and in a way that can inflame. Also sometimes people take offence at stuff that wasn't meant to be offensive.
It's healthy to express different views and have debate but, at the end of the day, we're all on the same side. Let's keep it friendly and not get personal or make accusations about each other's motives or views. It reminds me a bit of a slightly dysfunctional family - and I'm sure that many of us have experience of that!
Ghost
Dennis Bailey

Postby jezhoops82 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:46 am

People leave because what used to be an interesting and informative discussion forum
has been taken over by obsessives. Every other post and message is either by Sngle or
Pamment. The latter sometimes in conversation with himself. Reading posts that are either obsessively negative or racist(even if you know black people) is off-putting. Everyone is entitled to express a view, but some people need to self-edit a bit and allow conversation to flow rather than stagnate.
Anyway to no one's dismay, I 'll get my coat.
Nice reading most of you.
Jez
COYRS
jezhoops82
Dickie Ord

Postby pamment8 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:30 am

As a life long trade union official I take remarks about being racist as an insult.
Perhaps you could point out racist comments rather than throw accusations around.
As for posting on here people do not have to read them.
pamment8
Champion of Europe

Postby northwesthoop » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:25 am

Can somebody please delete this thread before in a 1 man prediction competition next season! :zomg
I've Got Blue And White Hooped Blood
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Postby singlespeed » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:15 am

Problem is we only sing when we're winning attitude on here
Win or lose I still support QPR but this season we are crap
We play hit and hope football most of the time,we're in a relegation scrap
Which we shouldn't be,and lots of players are underperforming
We can't get a winning run together and how many we won at home
We can't beat poor teams in the bottom 3 for some reason
Burton fxxking albion done the double on us,Rotherham beat us and they hadn't won in ages
I just don't get why we are so rubbish,Holloway is not on my Xmas card list
Gary rowett was available,Neil Harris doing a great job at Millwall
And Karl Robinson is a young manager with new ideas
As some say I'm an obsessive poster I think I'll give it a rest for a while and let you lot argue among each another
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Postby surrey chad » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:56 am

singlespeed wrote:Problem is we only sing when we're winning attitude on here

Some do but not all, but I don't see the problem with that. No one enjoys watching our team lose or play football. I am up and down all the time but at the end of the day, it is just a game and I will not let it ruin my life or lose friends over it.

The real issue is that the written word can easily be taken out of context and some get the wrong end of the stick when reading even though there has been no intention to cause hurt. We all post with feeling and passion.

Its a real shame that people are leaving what has been one of the best message boards for several years.
Supporting QPR is for life not just for Play Off finals
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Postby Melbourne_R » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:21 am

there are a lot of regulars that do not post on here much or not at all, it happens in all forums. Its a shame as the likes of DTS, Tonto and the like had very interesting views..be good to have them back on a regular basis.
I left some of the old Plastic Pitch in the garden at my old address in High Wycombe, can someone go there and mail it to me?
Melbourne_R
Dennis Bailey

Postby SydneyR » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm afraid I'm pretty crap at writing my thoughts down or making much of a contribution to a debate, on this forum. I'm a great reader though and thoroughly enjoy what is posted here. Would be a great shame to see anyone leave, especially the more prolific posters. Whether someone is a doom merchant or perhaps a little blinkered by their opinion, each to their own I say.
Keep up the debate guys. Don't go. Please
Half a world away
SydneyR
Steve Slade

Previous

Return to R's Chat