It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:02 pm Advanced search

QPR Match Prediction Competition 2016/17 – Match 33 Results

Unofficial message board for all things QPR - Queens Park Rangers FC.

QPR Match Prediction Competition 2016/17 – Match 33 Results

Postby northwesthoop » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:23 am

Every now and again we get a match where loads of players all score loads of points at the same time...tonight was one such occasion. Points galore (182 in total) and what a crazy impact.....

We had a whole group of players who went for 2-1 and another batch who got Smith as first scorer.

LurkR, Varc, qprallan, e17hoop, jimjams, QpRsmith, surrey chad and MCM Hoop all expertly went for 2-1

*deep breath* kingfisher, ashqpr, ranger-boy, Ghost, QPRBex, jimjams, Rosco Bosco, SydneyR and myself were those who correctly predicted Smith would open the scoring for the second time in 4 days

pamment8, QpRsmith, minxymartin, LurkR, Varc and kingfisher got the early goal time

LurkR, ashqpr, qprallan, SydneyR and myself got the Huddersfield 1-0 bonus match exact

Phew, so......

At the top it's a change in leader for the SIXTH match in a row. I am back on top thanks to a 12 point haul. It moves me 6 points clear of e17hoop with Ghost just 2 behind e17 in this relentless battle for the title. MCM Hoop would usually have been laughing with a 7 point total but he is now somehow a bit further behind the top 3 and 13 points off the top!

surrey chad, kingfisher and jimjams were the big scorers with 13 points each! Brilliant picks. But somehow that only nudges surrey chad up 1 place to 6th whilst kingfisher and jimjams are only up to 12th and 14th.

At the bottom the once again absent SuperHoop and stanley67 have been swarmed by the chasing back and they are now the bottom 2. Fellow strugglers ashqpr and qprallan both scored 12 whilst Varc also scored 10 and so they all leapfrog SuperHoop and stanley67. ashqpr remains in the bottom 3 with Varc and qprallan outside the wooden spoon places but the bottom 3 may have to become 17th to 19th if the missing players fail to return. :grump

I'm extremely disappointed in SuperHoop and stanley67 for what appears to be a throwing in of the towel. I politely ask at the start of season for people only to play if they can play all season. When people don't bother to enter it does kind of ruin the game and tempts me not to bother next season. I try and do these write ups to create a bit of tension etc and then people just stop playing and it gives a false reading to the table. Any ideas on how to combat this will be welcome. You can't just give up if things aren't going well - we've never had somebody near the top giving up.

Anyway, rant over and back to the results...

SydneyR and LurkR both scored 12 and although it doesn't massively move either up the table they are now really looking up rather than down and can't be discounted from the medal places if they keep scoring this heavily between now and the end of the season.

singlespeed has dropped from 8th to 15th in 3 matches and with those below scoring so heavily all at once he is suddenly in real danger!

minxymartin is gamely battling away to try and catch somebody, grabbing 6 points this round, but so far has only amassed 22 points

Match 33.jpg
Match 33.jpg (96.96 KiB) Viewed 254 times
Last edited by northwesthoop on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've Got Blue And White Hooped Blood
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Re: QPR Match Prediction Competition 2016/17 – Match 33 Resu

Postby surrey chad » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:59 am

Up one feckin place, is that it ????!!!!!

(Secretly very happy to get some points at last :-D )
Supporting QPR is for life not just for Play Off finals
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Postby QpRsmith » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:29 am

I dont know what difference it makes but i went for 2-1 and Mackie goalscorer not Smith :tu Still 2/3 correct for the game.

Thanks as always for work you put in for this. I always look forward to your write ups!

As for the quitters (Boo hisss) could ask them if they want to continue and if they say no or dont reply inform them that they have been put into liquidation and remove them from the league ?
QpRsmith
Tony Scully

Postby Varc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:44 am

10 points! Didnt move. :shock:
“You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”
Varc

Postby northwesthoop » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:53 am

QpRsmith wrote:I dont know what difference it makes but i went for 2-1 and Mackie goalscorer not Smith :tu Still 2/3 correct for the game.

Thanks as always for work you put in for this. I always look forward to your write ups!

As for the quitters (Boo hisss) could ask them if they want to continue and if they say no or dont reply inform them that they have been put into liquidation and remove them from the league ?

I put your name down for Smith instead of 2-1, I've given it an edit. It was hard to keep up last night!! I got your 10 points correct :tu

I'll have to give them a few more games and hope they return!
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Postby QpRsmith » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks NW just wanted to make sure i wasnt given extra points by mistake :crazy

Seems fair to me!
QpRsmith
Tony Scully

Postby Varc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:38 pm

I missed a couple of weeks unintentionally and slipped to the bottom. Why not PM them and ask if they want to still play. Although I'd be disappointed if you delete them because thats the only way I'm out of the bottom 3!!
“You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”
Varc

Postby northwesthoop » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Varc wrote:I missed a couple of weeks unintentionally and slipped to the bottom. Why not PM them and ask if they want to still play. Although I'd be disappointed if you delete them because thats the only way I'm out of the bottom 3!!

I've PM SuperHoop, who may just have been unable to get online as last online 5th Feb.

Stanley67 has been online though! So that is strange.

I'll probably leave them on so at least they get wooden spoons on the Hall of Shame.

I can understand people missing the odd midweek match or at Christmas but not weeks on end.
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Postby ashqpr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:53 pm

I'm still in there hoping for a final day staving from relegation!
ashqpr
Jude The Cat

Postby northwesthoop » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:51 am

ashqpr wrote:I'm still in there hoping for a final day staving from relegation!

You avoided a wooden spoon by 2 points last year! In with a chance this year, it is just a much tougher pace, nobody is doing terribly
northwesthoop
Gigantic Gerry

Postby singlespeed » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 pm

I'm going down faster than the titanic at the moment :cry
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Postby ashqpr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:05 am

You'll be okay Single!

Thanks for the encouragement North, but I think I'm gone this time. I'm getting bloody anxious each tip I submit. Ha ha! It's just as bad following QPR as my tipping career!
ashqpr
Jude The Cat

Postby QPRBex » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am

Personally, I look forward to this every week, as I think do the majority of people, so please northwesthoop - Keep Calm & Carry On! Your efforts are much appreciated!

:tu
Time is but a movement that will not stand still.......
QPRBex
Italian Loan Player

Postby surrey chad » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:37 am

QPRBex wrote:Personally, I look forward to this every week, as I think do the majority of people, so please northwesthoop - Keep Calm & Carry On! Your efforts are much appreciated!

:tu

Seconded, Well said Bex.
Supporting QPR is for life not just for Play Off finals
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Return to R's Chat