It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:10 pm Advanced search

New stadium proposal

Unofficial message board for all things QPR - Queens Park Rangers FC.

Re: New stadium proposal

Postby singlespeed » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:26 am

I think delay is championship or league one next season more like
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Postby surrey chad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:33 pm

I don't think that really matters much at this point as its going to take a few years before we move in and we still need to go through negotiations, etc. I would have thought it would be more important that we are either in the Prem or knocking on the door before we move in, so one season in League one (not that we are going to be in League one next season) is going to stop the current talks?

Sounds like the issue about the e of land / building works is more like the sticking point at this stage.

IF (we wont,) but if we do go down I guess it will make raising finance harder though.
Supporting QPR is for life not just for Play Off finals
surrey chad
Super Stainrod

Postby Varc » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:35 pm

e17hoop wrote:I think this is unlikely; it would require an Act of parliament to repeal the Wormwood Scrubs Act 1879 which prohibits building and protects:
The public's right to enjoy Wormwood Scrubs is protected in perpertuity - it may not be taken back wholesale by the military or sold unless the area "ceases to be used by the citizens of London"

Just a clarification, the act prevents building on the land BY the military. It is used by the citizens of London now, and could again if it had a bigger stadium. But the MoD couldnt be involved in the building!
“You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”
Varc

Postby kingfisher » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:54 am

Varc wrote:...Just a clarification, the act prevents building on the land BY the military. It is used by the citizens of London now, and could again if it had a bigger stadium. But the MoD couldnt be involved in the building!

If the MoD were involved perhaps we could get them to sow a minefield on the pitch...? :wink
Hoops are coming home, coming home!
kingfisher
Leroy Griffiths

Postby singlespeed » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:43 pm

More like drop a nuke on west London if they had their way :tongue
singlespeed
Premiership Winner

Previous

Return to R's Chat